Thursday, January 3, 2013

Adding new parts - Alternator and Lights!

So I just finished installing an old Delco alternator from an old Cadillac.  It charges so that was great.  I used some old brackets and welded up a mounting bracket for the alternator.  I created the top bar from some old conduit with some fancy offset bends.  Works great.  Have it all wired up.  Check here for great wiring instructions:

http://www.myfordtractors.com/12volt.shtml

I added lights and a switch so we are ready to deal with it getting dark around 5:30/6pm.  Thanks to Jason and my mother-in-law for the Christmas gifts, some fancy lights from Just8ns and Amazon. I used the ones from Just8ns for the fronts even though I think they are the rear lamps.  The other was a generic 12v worklamp so I mounted that in the back.  Still need to sort out a ground issue on that lamp.

Also, dad had an Ammeter in a box so I have a nice illuminated Ammeter in the dash.  I will try to upload pics soon of all the new additions.


Sponsored Ad