Thursday, January 3, 2013

Needs New Engine

It has been far too long since an update.  Here is the story.

Machine shop found cracks in the block where the valves seat so it was basically a lost cause.  I looked at ordering a new block and rebuild kit and the blocks are hard to find.  I finally decided to pony up the money for a fully assembled engine.  I purchased one from http://www.waltstractors.com and it arrived on a pallet.  A few complaints I have.  Some of the head bolts leaked coolant onto the head.  it would pool in the little dips.  Walt offered to send new bolts but the head bolts were longer and have stopped leaking so I didn't take them up on the offer.  Also the paint used on the head was not high temp and is all peeling off.

Bolted up my new engine and fired it up.  Starts easy and runs great.  No more smoke so that is a great thing.

I have all my old parts and I am looking to sell them.  The head was machined already and is in really good shape.  Be sure to check out the parts page to take a look.

Parts for Sale