Friday, January 4, 2013

Ford 8n at Work and Attachment List

I thought I would add in a little about what I have been getting into around the property with the old girl.  My daughter just turned 1 so I cleared and graded a nature trail for her.  I have been maintaining the road and moving dirt around with a scoop bucket.  I removed some invasive vines that had killed all the other trees and plants with the root rake.  Most of the time I just look for things to do just to get out of the office and out on the tractor.  I haven't started on any gardens or anything yet...that will probably be this growing season.

Right now my dad and I are sharing most attachments until I start bringing some home.  Here is a list of what we have (operational).  I would be interested in hearing what others have outside of this list that they find very useful...
  • Scoop Bucket (loving this one to fill in a hole from a pool that has been removed)
  • 2 Scraper Blades (one came with my tractor so it's the only attachment I have)
  • Box Blade with teeth
  • Root Rake (not the thin rake fingers style)
  • Boom
  • Bush Hog
  • Finish Mower
  • 1 Bottom Plow
  • Middle Buster
  • Disc
  • Roto-tiller
By far the best upgrade has been my seat.  The wife bought one of those suspension seats to replace my pan style seat.  I have to admit it was a great gift.  I had it assembled and mounted within a day.

Upgrades/Fixes I will need to get into soon...
  • New Tires
  • Hydraulic Piston Rebuild
  • Rear Axle Seals
  • Clean gear oil off brakes and new pads
  • PTO Shaft Seal